Saturday, February 5, 2011

Advertising Idea I

This winter is no different than any other: cold, wet and annoying. This is normal and nothing to get worked-up about. However, sidewalks everywhere are unusable. During the winter, sidewalks become sheets of ice layered with dirty snow. It's quite unfortunate.

Walking is a major part of my day. Going to class, going to my car, eating, it all requires me to ice skate through Hoth, and I'm tired of it.

I'm confident that I'm not the only person fed up with unmanageable pathways. So, the plan is to convince a college (or town) to heavily invest in either a skilled snow removal team (as in, does more than throw shovelfuls of salt randomly) or heated sidewalks. 

Heated sidewalks are key. If a college takes the time to invest in heated sidewalks it would show dedication to the well-being of students, especially in the winter. Depending on the layout of campus, the sidewalks could also help to avoid snowdays (giving you more classes for your money) by always keeping a clear path (at least for walkers).

I feel the ability to be out-and-about in the winter is often overlooked and is an area with great potential if somebody actually focused on it.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know where you live, but here in oklahoma we got 20 inches where i live... and the weather man says we will get 18 more on wednesday. Im so pissed with this weather. I wish the state was more prepared.

    ReplyDelete